The 2014 Fellowship Competition
- Thirty Paul and Daisy Soros Fellowships for New Americans will be awarded in March 2014 on the basis of a single national competition.
- Each fellowship supports up to two years of graduate study – in any field and in any advanced degree-granting program – in the United States.
- Each award is for up to $25,000 in maintenance grants and up to $20,000 in tuition tuition and fees or 50% of required tuition and fees/year.
- The program promotes a strong sense of community among Soros Fellows through fall conferences and other activities for fellows receiving financial support and numerous events held throughout the country for fellows receiving financial support and numerous events held throughout the country for fellows who are no longer receiving financial support.
- The deadline for submission of completed applications is November 8, 2013.
- To be eligible, you must be:
- A New American (a green card holder or naturalized citizen if born abroad; a child of naturalized citizens if born in this country).
- Not yet 31 years old, as of the application deadline.
- A college senior or holder of a bachelor’s degree.
- Not beyond your second year – if already enrolled – in the graduate degree program for which you request support.
- Selection criteria emphasize creativity, originality, initiative, and sustained accomplishment.
- The program values a commitment to the constitution and the bill of rights.
- The program promotes a strong sense of community among fellows and alumni through fall conferences for fellows and numerous events for fellows and alumni held throughout the country.
- The top 77 applicants will be designated “finalists” and will be asked to appear for interviews in New York City or Los Angeles in late-January or early-February of 2014. Reasonable expenses will be covered by the Fellowship Program.
- The 30 fellowship winners, selected from among the 77 finalists, will be announced in March of 2014.